From the pre-event planning and build-up to the event itself, this year’s Customer Conference was our most successful yet.
The theme, “Celebrating 25 years of success together”, not only reflected the number of years that we’ve been in business, but also the foundation upon which Tangerine Software continues to thrive – both as a business entity and as a partner to our esteemed customers.
From the welcoming speech where Tangerine founders Greg Brown and Benoit Trottier shared 25 Fun Facts, to the keynote speakers, content-filled sessions, networking opportunities, and social soirée, it’s safe to say that no one was disappointed! Our proof point? Check out the pics at the bottom of this post.
Since Nectari (also branded by Sage as Sage Enterprise Intelligence) and Sage X3 have both recently undergone version updates – 8 and 11 respectively – the timing for this year’s event couldn’t have been better.
A few highlights
Our first keynote speaker on day one of the event was none other than Fabrice Alonso, Senior Product Manager, Sage X3 Applicative Team. Travelling all the way from the UK, Fabrice shared Sage’s exciting plans for Sage X3 in his presentation entitled “Sage X3 – Version 11 & the Road Ahead”. A new responsive design and some of the brand’s goals and initiatives are just the tip of the iceberg of what customers have to look forward to. All of which have the objective of creating an enhanced user experience by addressing customer and partner needs. Fabrice not only shared his knowledge but also his enthusiasm and passion for Sage X3.
Did you know that one of Sage’s missions is to simplify life on a daily basis for users of their products?
On day two of the event we had the pleasure of listening to our second keynote speaker, Andrew Baker. As the Director of Games with the Canadian Olympics, Andrew demonstrated that technology and metrics impact us all – no matter what business model we follow. From a brief history of the Olympics to some interesting stats, we got a behind the scenes glimpse into the business of the Olympics. And reflecting the pinnacle of excellence that the Olympics are known for, you can see why we were excited to have Andrew be a part of our event.
Did you know that the Olympics is not government funded but rather a private, not-for-profit organization?
“I was impressed by Tangerine’s depth of very experienced Sage X3 and Sage Enterprise Intelligence consultants, and how close Tangerine is with their customers.”
- Barry Gertner, Director of Information Systems and Technology | BGR Packaging Supply Chain Experts
“Good Morning Tangerine Team. You are all fruit. Thanks so much for creating an absolutely amazing conference! Many great relationships built, information gained and fun had! You did an amazing job organizing the event and being stellar hosts! Very excited for another fruitful year working together!”
- Thomas Grupp, Technology Manager | Select Food Products Ltd.
“During my fixed assets presentation, I focused on modules integrated within Sage X3 and worked with users to help them understand various functionalities. From my standpoint, I was pleased by the interaction and positive feedback. As well, I can say that everyone was obviously and unanimously delighted by the fact that there are no additional software costs required. That’s always a bonus!”
- Hugues Guèvremont, Business Analyst | Tangerine Software
“I had the opportunity to listen to various customers talk about some of the aspects of Sage X3 that they didn’t understand or weren’t aware of. The event was a perfect opportunity for them to learn about features they now plan to implement in the future.”
- Samira Merbah, Senior Consultant | Tangerine Software
10 Miscellaneous observations
- This year’s event marks the most highly attended Tangerine Software / Sage X3 conference to date.
- We had a tremendous amount of support from Sage and various business partners (and we thank you!).
- Customer loyalty was apparent and while we know this goes without saying, we’re going to say it anyway: We appreciate it and please know that it’s reciprocated.
- Keynotes were very informative and inspiring. (Great job, Fabrice and Andrew!)
- Customer feedback was extremely positive. (Again, we thank you! And guess what? We’re already looking forward to next year! True story.)
- The event provided a meeting-of-the-minds where many great ideas for Sage X3 and Sage Enterprise Intelligence improvements were gathered.
- I think we can all agree … the food was exceptional!
- In the same spirit, the Loews Hotel Vogue provided a 5 Star facility with impeccable care taken towards catering to our needs.
- Casino Night was a hit. Just one of the comments overheard: “Greg knows how to throw a party!”
- Team Tangerine is awesome and special thanks to Benoit Brasseur and Fadila Fariss. Your event planning and organizational skills are top-notch. As well, special thanks to Mathieu Parent for your tireless behind-the-scenes effort.
A special thank you to our sponsors